EBF Steering Committee for Financing Growth
Understanding the challenges that finance will face in achieving this future, the EBF has established the Steering Committee for Financing Growth acting with a team looking deliberately and in-depth to all the core issues of importance for European banks with a clear mandate to:
- Ensure that European bank-financing continues to meet the needs of European companies to grow and generate jobs;
- Increase market-based financing, as a complement to bank finance, to serve economic growth while also providing greater opportunities for banks engaged in capital markets/investment banking business;
- Increase and diversify opportunities for individuals as users of financial services to invest, whether through banks or markets;
- Enhance solutions that improve the sustainability of bank- and market-based financing.
Our work in this area is divided into five topics: Primary markets, Post-trading and Secondary markets, as well as Business Finance and Sustainable Finance.
Capital Market Union initiative
The Capital Market Union (CMU) is an initiative launched in 2015 by the European Commission which aims at creating a single market for capital. It aims at getting money – investments and savings – flowing across the EU so that it can benefit consumers, investors and companies, regardless of where they are located.
A capital markets union will:
- provide businesses with a greater choice of funding at lower costs and provide SMEs, in particular, the finance they need;
- support the economic recovery post-Covid-19 and create jobs;
- offer new opportunities for savers and investors;
- help Europe deliver its New Green Deal and Digital Agenda;
- reinforce European competitiveness and financial sovereignty;
- make the financial system more resilient and adaptable to the departure of the UK from the EU.
EBF FINANCING GROWTH TEAM
European Banking Federation
The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together national banking associations from across Europe. The federation is committed to a thriving European economy that is underpinned by a stable, secure and inclusive financial ecosystem, and to a flourishing society where financing is available to fund the dreams of citizens, businesses and innovators everywhere.
56 Avenue des Arts
+32 2 508 37 11
D-60311 Frankfurt am Main
+49 69 17509942