The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together 32 national banking associations in Europe that represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international – while employing about two million people. The EBF represents the interests of the banking sector with the European institutions, responding swiftly to changing market circumstances. The culture of the EBF can be defined as agile, flexible, open, transparent, working together with integrity and clarity. The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a full-time Assistant for its Digital & Retail team.
• Proactively assist and support the Head of Digital & Retail and the policy team: in the organisation of conference calls and physical meetings of Working Groups and Committees (e.g. finding the date, booking the room, sending the invitation, preparing supporting documentation, following-up with members, liaising with the Front Office Assistant & Meeting Coordinator for the list of participants, preparing the meeting room).
• Be a central point of coordination within the policy team in terms of logistics:
– Be the point of contact;
– Provide support for traveling arrangements and logistics;
– Assist the team in the organisation of specific events which require significant coordination;
– Organise team meetings and monitor follow up; o Put in place organisational tools to support the team.
• Personal assistance to the Head of Digital & Retail:
– Assist the HoF in managing his/her calendar, appointments and other commitments.
Successful candidates fit for the following profile
- Have a bachelor’s degree in office administration/secretarial studies or equivalent, or, five years’ experience in a similar role;
- Effective organizational and administration skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to professionally represent the Head of and the team, requiring tact, judgment and discretion in handling internal and external contacts;
- Able to perform multiple tasks under pressure. Ability to filter information and assess priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexible, willingness to go the “extra mile”;
- Eye for detail, deadlines & accuracy;
- Excellent command of English (oral and written); command of French will be considered an asset;
- Advanced computer skills. The ideal candidate will show considerable commitment to his/her work, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards the various tasks for which he/she will be responsible.
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 23 August 2019
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 30 September 2019, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding