Vacancy: Digital Communications Officer
EBF (the European Banking Federation) works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are determined by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and financial regulation. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international.
We create a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a team, we tend to aim higher and work, deliver and learn together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
The EBF is looking for a full-time, Digital Communications Officer who will be part of the EBF communications team.
Purpose of the role
The role of the Digital Communications Officer is to ensure a solid, coherent and relevant presence of EBF on websites, digital platforms and social media by creating digital content and design and by setting up and maintaining sites, webs and accounts. The role is also the watchdog and promotor of a consistent application of the EBF brand guide and the related visual identity. It is fulfilled through a combination of planning and execution as well as through coaching and education of EBF colleagues on the use of digital and social media.
- Oversee the creation, update and the consistent application of EBF’s visual brand identity and all EBF templates
- Oversee, update and manage the set-up, content, maintenance, upgrading, security, hosting of all EBF and EBF-related websites
- Create and implement a digital and social media strategy and year plan within the framework of the EBF multi-year strategic communications framework
- Create digital policy-related content in a combination of text and design and produce and deliver specific digital communication products with and for colleagues (such as reports, position papers etc.)
- Oversee, plan and deliver a constant update and posting of news items on all digital media in a plan-based approach
Focus projects and programs
- EBF visual brand identity, design and templates
- EBF digital and social media strategy and year plan
- Managing EBF and EBF-related websites
- Managing all EBF social media accounts
- Delivering new content and digital communication products
- Train and educate colleagues on the use of digital/social media, launch and coordinate specific actions/social media campaigns across the team
Successful candidates fit for the following profile:
- Between three and five years of relevant experience
- Representative, confident, enthusiastic
- Excellent command of the English language
- Preferably fluent in at least two other European languages
- Excellent communication skills (spoken/written)
- Proven multimedia and web management skills
- Initiative taking, self-starter
- Team player who likes to work with autonomy
- Flexible, agile, embraces innovation and change
- Stress-resistant, comfortable with working under pressure and with deadlines
- Positive attitude
- Can-do mentality
The person will be member of the Communications Team and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
This is a challenging position, which will be rewarded with a competitive and attractive package. Please note that references can/will be checked.
How to apply
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 1 October 2021
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 15 October 2021, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.