EBF (the European Banking Federation) works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are determined by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and financial regulation. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international.
We create a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a team we tend to aim higher and learn, work and deliver together in an informal, impact-driven manner
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a part-time (50% work regime) Executive Assistant to the CEO for a period of 6 months (until 31 May 2020).
Executive Assistant to the CEO acts as the CEO’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the Federation. A non-exhaustive list of responsibilities includes:
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Management of CEO’s busy diary commitments and making appointments;
- Management of CEO’s incoming e-mails (filter, review, respond, identify and highlight urgent actions required and print attachments);
- Effectively filtering general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the CEO by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Helping CEO to manage output, workflow and office deadlines;
- Preparation of files and ensure the CEO receives the ongoing “dossiers” in time;
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO, including the drafting of general replies;
- Management of the process of calling for briefings on behalf of the CEO to ensure that he is fully prepared for all engagements (including speaking engagements);
- Organisation of meetings, liaising with other departments and support staff as well as with external organizations and member associations. Registration to congresses. Organize conference calls;
- Briefing the CEO of significant issues during out of office travel;
- Coordination of CEO’s expenditure and expense claims; travel arrangements.
Successful candidates fit for the following profile
- Have a bachelor’s degree in office administration/secretarial studies or equivalent, or, five years’ experience in a similar role;
- Effective organizational and administration skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to professionally represent the CEO’s office, requiring tact, judgment and discretion in handling internal and external contacts;
- Able to perform multiple tasks under pressure. Ability to filter information and assess priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexible, willingness to go the “extra mile”;
- Eye for detail, deadlines & accuracy;
- Excellent command of English (oral and written); command of French will be considered an asset;
- Advanced computer skills.
The ideal candidate will show considerable commitment to his/her work, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards the various tasks for which he/she will be responsible.
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 29 November 2019
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 3 January 2020, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.