The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together 32 national banking associations in Europe that represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international – while employing about two million people. The EBF represents the interests of the banking sector with the European institutions, responding swiftly to changing market circumstances. The culture of the EBF can be defined as agile, flexible, open, transparent, working together, integrity, clarity.
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a full-time Front Office Assistant and Meeting Coordinator.
- first point of contact for the organisation
- handling all incoming ‘phone calls
- providing services such as taxi reservation, connection to wifi, printing of documents (i.e. boarding passes, train tickets, maps) and related matters when they arise
- various office tasks (e.g. sending documents, receiving and sending mail and packages)
- ordering and managing stock such as office supplies, cleaning and maintenance products
- ordering and managing catering and stock of food and drinks
- main contact person with suppliers (i.e. maintenance etc.)
- main contact person with the building reception/facilities and technical team for basic technical office problems
- managing the SharePoint meeting calendar
- overseeing the set-up of the meeting rooms
- having a sound knowledge of the PPT set-up and conference call equipment in the meeting rooms
- working closely with the Senior Conference and Events coordinator
- organizing staff welcome/farewell events and other office-related functions
- overseeing support staff/contractors in respect of services and setting-up of the meeting rooms
- working closely with the relevant Assistant to support meeting logistics for EBF Executive Committee, Board and EBF Committee meetings
The successful candidate should:
- have a bachelor’s degree in office administration/secretarial studies or equivalent, or, five years’ experience in a similar role
- be service- and people-oriented
- show excellent business presentation (attitude, smile, attire, etc.)
- have an excellent command of English/French (oral and written); English mother tongue level being an asset as are other European languages
- be able to work independently and within a team in a multicultural environment
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate:
- strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- stress and effective time management skills; priority setting and multi-tasking skills
- coordination, planning, organisation, monitoring and follow-up skills
- advanced computer skills
- eye for detail & accuracy
- discretion and confidentiality
The ideal candidate will show considerable proactivity and initiative, flexibility, motivation and desire to be thoroughly implicated in the working day.
The person reports to the Assistant to the CEO.
Works in collaboration with the Events Coordinator and Operations and Support Team.
As soon as possible
Please send your application, with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com.
Deadline: Friday, 25 May 2018
Disclaimer: please note that, due to the degree of interest shown in (professional) positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 4 June 2018, you may assume that we will not be moving your application forward. We very much appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you every success in your search. Thank you for your understanding.