The European Banking Federation (EBF) is the voice of the European banking sector, uniting 32 national banking associations in Europe that together represent some 4,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international – employing about 2.1 million people. The culture of the EBF can be defined as agile, flexible, open, transparent, working together with integrity and clarity.
The European Banking Federation is looking for a full-time ICT, Facilities and Security Officer. Your role provides the oil in the machine of the EBF organization. As part of the EBF operations team, you ensure the availability and proper functioning of all systems, technology, facilities and appliances that allow people to work in a safe, pleasant, efficient and productive environment.
- Provide daily ICT user support directly and liaise with an external provider for more complicated issues;
- Coordinate maintenance and technical issues in relation to EBF offices and meeting rooms;
- Ensure the availability of all audio-visual equipment and train colleagues on how to use it;
- Function as the EBF prevention officer, making sure that EBF has a safe and compliant working environment when it comes to working stations, climate and emergencies;
- Help set up, describe and manage up to date information systems, procedures, process descriptions, workflows and checklists that are necessary to ensure continuity and consistency.
Reports to and works closely with the Chief Operating Officer. Works in close collaboration with other members of the Operations Team and in collaboration with all other EBF staff Members. Liaises directly with external suppliers and building management services.
Education and Knowledge
- Higher education in ICT and/or facilities management;
- Up-to-date knowledge of market standards in ICT solutions, systems and applications;
- Up-to-date user knowledge of ICT solutions, systems and applications;
- Fluent in English (written/oral) and in at least one of the Belgian languages(French /Dutch).
- A minimum of three years of working experience in a similar (generalist) role;
- Experience with ICT user support and ICT project management;
- Preferably experience in facilities management;
- Preferably experience with purchasing/procurement.
Competencies and skills
- Strong sense of integrity and an antenna for safety and integrity risks and issues;
- Good planner: thinks ahead and knows how to manage a multitude of tasks and projects. Maintains overview of (the feasibility of) short and long-term priorities;
- Good communications skills and a solution-oriented, thorough way of thinking and working;
- Strong conceptual skills, capable of developing a clear vision on future-proof ICT, information management and facilities.
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to EBF Recruitment at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send in your application before 31 May 2019
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 30 June 2019, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.