EBF. Work Where It All Happens.
EBF (the European Banking Federation) works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are determined by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and financial regulation. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international.
We create a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a team, we tend to aim higher and learn, work and deliver together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
The European Banking Federation seeks to recruit, for a full-time position based in Brussels, an experienced Media & Communications Officer who will be instrumental in ensuring a solid presence within traditional and digital media and building relations with all relevant stakeholders. The Media and Communications Officer will also help determine and implement a coherent communication strategy and make sure that the different initiatives within EBF are well-aligned and impactful. Drafting and producing effective communication means are also a structural part of the job.
- Assist in the design and implementation of EBF’s communication strategy
- Help to create and oversee a coherent communication planning for the organization
- Actively build and maintain media relations in close cooperation with EBF advisors and senior staff
- Actively build and implement an effective social media presence
- Gather and implement best practices to ensure constant innovation and relevance of the communication mix
- Support team members from other functions in creating effective communication tools and products
- Produce and manage EBF’s daily and weekly newsletters and website updates
- Draft and coordinate press releases and documents for external communication
- Coordinate the design, drafting and production of printed and digital publications
- Support and help coordinate the organisation of physical and digital events
- Support other activities assigned to the communications team
Need to have:
- A strong passion for Europe, EU Affairs, Communications and financial literacy;
- An upbeat, positive personality with the drive to get things done together;
- An academic background in communications, politics, business, marketing, events;
- EU citizenship with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU;
- Excellent command of English (oral and written, native speaker level) and good writing skills;
- Very good communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills with affinity and/or experience with event organising.
Successful candidates fit the following profile:
- Between three and five years of experience in a communications role in the private sector (preferably at a bank or another financial institution), at a European institution, or in financial journalism.
- University degree in a relevant field (communications and/or marketing, journalism or political science)
- Superb and proven verbal presentation and writing skills in the English language
- Fluency in at least one other European language
- Proven multimedia and web management skills
- Solid project management skills
- Good understanding of the EU decision-making process;
- Effective interpersonal and team working skills;
- Excellent influencing skills and natural authority in own field of expertise ;
- Ability to blend the different views and inputs provided by EBF members to draft joint communication statements;
- Expert at combining strategic and technical aspects in communication, whilst keeping it simple and accessible
- Hands-on mentality to assume responsibilities on a variety of activities and projects;
- Thrives under pressure and knows how to set priorities and maintain deadlines in a dynamic environment
As a key member of the EBF communications team, the Communications Officer will eventually be able to work independently on specific projects assigned. The ideal candidate shows considerable commitment to her/his work, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards the various projects for which she/he will be responsible.
The position reports to the Director of Communications. Given the cross-functional role of the communications department, the Media & Communications Officer will liaise directly with other EBF staff members on key EBF topics.
October 1 2020
How to apply
Send your letter of motivation with a curriculum vitae and some examples of your previous communications work to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline 22 August 2020
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 30 September 2020, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you the best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.