EBF (the European Banking Federation) works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are determined by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and financial regulation. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international.
We create a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a team we tend to aim higher and learn, work and deliver together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
The EBF is seeking to recruit, at a full-time position, a Policy Adviser – Public and International Affairs.
You will plan, organize and implement EBF’s continued cooperation with key stakeholders to ensure the implementation of EBF’s strategic advocacy direction.
- Draft the advocacy strategy of the EBF under the supervision of the head of Legal, Social and International Affairs.
- Coordinate implementation of the advocacy strategy in cooperation with EBF’s advisors, EBF’s Members and the relevant topic expert(s).
- Develop constructive relationships with key stakeholders (EU institutions, with the particular focus on the European Parliament, European Supervisory Authorities, international entities / standard setters, official bodies, other associations) including parliamentarians, EU officials and member representatives.
- Prepare and attend high-level meetings with level policy makers on key issues.
- EBF visibility enhancement through active participation in relevant events, gatherings, seminars, meetings etc.
- Organise dedicated advocacy/outreach events on key regulatory files (contact with National Banking Associations, identification of dialogue partners, Eurofi, EBF ad-hoc conferences) and dedicated advocacy meetings with relevant MEPs & Permreps. Enhance EBF visibility at EP (MEPs). Organisation of the EBF’s outreach to EU rotating Presidencies.
Successful candidates fit for the following profile
- University degree in Economics, Law, Political Sciences or any other related field.
- Thorough knowledge of EU public affairs with at least one year of working experience, preferably an EU institution;
- Have an excellent understanding of the EU decision making process;
- Excellent organisational skills and capacity to prepare large meetings, setting out agendas, discussing with experts about relevant content, overseeing the administrative work and taking responsibility on the development of the meeting/event;
- Effective communication and team working skills;
- Excellent influencing skills, persuasiveness and sense of diplomacy;
- Ability to blend the views and inputs provided by EBF members to draft joint position papers in response to public consultations;
- Capacity to adopt pragmatic viewpoints including on the implementation of regulation in credit institutions across EU Member States;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Good interpersonal and bridge builder skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Openness to assume responsibilities on a variety of technical matters;
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills in a project-driven environment.
The ideal candidate will show considerable commitment to his/her work, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards the various projects for which he/she will be responsible
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 15 January 2019
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 20 December 2019, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.