The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together 32 national banking associations in Europe that represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international – while employing about two million people. The EBF represents the interests of the banking sector with the European institutions, responding swiftly to changing market circumstances. The culture of the EBF can be defined as agile, flexible, open, transparent, working together, integrity, clarity.
In Brussels and Frankfurt the EBF annually hosts and facilitates approximately 250 meetings, events and conferences, including the annual high-level European Banking Summit. To support the organization of these activities the EBF is looking for a full-time, experienced Conference and Events Coordinator.
- Organizing and supporting high-level international conferences
- Creating events with an impact, that are memorable and valuable for participants and speakers
- Coordination of events logistics
- Preparing preliminary meetings with staff members/external parties
- Coordination and booking of catering, restaurant and hotels bookings, meeting room preparation
If you have a proven track record in the organizing and supporting high-level international conferences and events, at least five years of experience in event management, and if you are keen to put your energy and enthusiasm to work for the EBF, then we would like to hear from you.
This is an ideal position for an individual who enjoys organising international activities in the EU arena and who is at ease in the environment in which the EBF is active.
This role is ideally suited to a representative personality who can operate with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility within the EBF communications team.
You have excellent organisation, planning, scheduling and prioritisation skills. You know how to engage with delegates and participants before, during and after events. You are tech savvy, comfortable with online booking platforms such as Eventbrite and eTouches. You are also keen to embrace change, innovations and new tools like Mentimeter in order to create events with a lasting impact, that are memorable and valuable for both participants and speakers.
Successful candidates fit for the following profile:
- Representative, confident, enthusiastic
- Excellent command of the English language
- Preferably fluent in at least two other European languages
- Excellent communication skills (spoken/written)
- Initiative taking, self-starter
- Team player who likes to work with autonomy
- Flexible, agile, embraces innovation and change
- Stress-resistant, comfortable with working under pressure and with deadlines
- Positive attitude
- Can-do mentality
The person will be member of the Communications Team and report to the Head of Communications.
This is a challenging position, which will be rewarded with a competitive and attractive package. Please note that references can/will be checked.
As soon as possible
Please send your application, with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, 30 April 2018
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 10 May, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.