EBF: Work Where It All Happens
The European Banking Federation works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities revolve around the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and the digital revolution. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international.
We act as a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise among banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector and ultimately the financing of the economy. As a team, we tend to aim higher and learn, work and deliver together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
We are recruiting a full-time trainee on sustainable finance and financial markets to support the work of the Financing Growth unit, which is in charge of bank lending to corporates of all sizes, financial markets and sustainable finance. The primary responsibility will be to support the Sustainable Finance Team, which is responsible for the oversight and coordination of all policies and activities related to supporting the banking sector in the transition of the EU to a low carbon economy.
In this role, you will find yourself working in an ambitious team active in a sector critical for companies and households in Europe.
At EBF, we take trainees seriously. That means you will be a full-fledged member of the EBF team as we navigate EU and international financial regulations, delivering effective engagement with EU policymakers and intelligence on key policy areas affecting one of the EU’s biggest industries. With your finger on the pulse of EU and digital developments, an enthusiasm for hard work and an ambition to build your experience in banking services, this could be the role for you. We also do our best to make the internship experience worthwhile and inclusive despite the restrictions on physical office presence.
Your daily work will consist of a combination of:
- Research on specific issues/questions related to EU Sustainable Finance Regulation (EU Taxonomy, Disclosures, SFDR, Green Bonds, ESG Risks, etc), international initiatives at OECD, UN levels, with NGOs and with internal EBF proactive actions;
- Assisting with other workstreams (e.g SME finance, Primary/Secondary Markets, Alternative financing methods, Export finance…);
- Engagement in key projects advancing the sustainable finance agenda at the European level, in cooperation with UNEP FI, other trade associations, regulators and expert groups, ensuring smooth coordination and management of tasks and members input;
- Provide support regarding the preparation of internal and external meetings or events (slides, briefing materials, data gathering, etc.), agenda coordination and outreach to EU and international institutions, EBF members and other stakeholders;
- Proactive member engagement with European banks, managing position-making, coordinating advocacy positions;
- Supporting the advocacy efforts of the team in specific files of interest – outreach to MEPs, PermReps, EC, EBA & other relevant stakeholders;
- Administrative tasks (e.g. document management, management of members’ network);
- Monitoring of press/websites of EU institutions and financial publications.
Need to have
A strong passion for Europe, EU Affairs;
- An upbeat, positive personality with the drive to get things done together;
- An academic background in finance/economy/law/political science/international relations or other relevant fields of studies with an interest in developing experience in the banking sector, knowledge related to financial markets will be considered an asset;
- EU citizenship (with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU);
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent command of English (oral and written, native speaker level).
Nice to have
- Previous internship experience within an EU or international institution.
19 April 2021
- Paid internship: a convention of professional immersion (six months);
- You will be working at the heart of the organisation’s advocacy, helping to represent the EBF and wider industry on a broad range of issues that are crucial to our member banks and the wider EU economy;
- Excellent networking opportunities;
- Great learning opportunities within a collaborative, dynamic and international team.
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae with a letter of motivation to EBF Recruitment at the email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 22 March 2021
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 30 April 2021, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you the best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.