The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together 32 national banking associations in Europe that represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international – while employing about two million people. The EBF represents the interests of the banking sector with the European institutions, responding swiftly to changing market circumstances. The culture of the EBF can be defined as agile, flexible, open, transparent, working together with integrity and clarity.
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a full-time trainee on taxation.
In this role you will find yourself working in an ambitious team active in a sector critical for companies and households in Europe.
At EBF, we take trainees seriously. That means you will be a full-fledged member of the EBF team and work with the Senior Policy Adviser, tax & compliance.
In your daily work, you will:
- Research on specific issues/questions related to taxation and other relevant policies;
- Provide support regarding preparation of internal and external meetings or events (slides, briefing materials, data gathering, etc.), agenda coordination and outreach to EU and international institutions, EBF members and other stakeholders;
- Support the advocacy efforts of the team;
- Administrative tasks (e.g. document management, management of members’ network).
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong passion for Europe, EU Affairs and taxation;
- An upbeat, positive personality with the drive to get things done together;
- An academic background in economy/law/taxation;
- EU citizenship with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU;
- An excellent command of English (oral and written, native speaker level) and good writing skills;
- Very good communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills.
As soon as possible
- Paid internship: convention of professional immersion (six months);
- Relevant projects and activities at the center of Europe;
- Excellent networking opportunities;
- Great learning opportunities within a collaborative, young and international team.
How to apply
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 17 January 2020
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 15 February 2020, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.