Vacancy: Project & Events Officer
EBF (the European Banking Federation) works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are determined by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and financial regulation. It is our job to bring together 33 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international.
We create a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a team, we tend to aim higher and work, deliver and learn together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
In Brussels and Frankfurt and in a virtual and/or hybrid set-up, the EBF annually hosts and facilitates approximately 250 meetings, events and conferences. To support the organization of these activities the EBF is looking for a full-time, experienced Project & Events Officer.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role of the Project & Events officer is to design, produce and implement coherent and impactful activities and events. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent event organisation skills as well as the ambition and ability to co-create innovative event concepts for a wide variety of audiences.
- Implement events and other outreach activities, ensuring they are impactful, coherent and aligned with external (institutional) agendas and milestones.
- Plan, manage and oversee the implementation of individual and series of events and activities as well as negotiate and coordinate the cooperation with external vendors/suppliers.
- Advise colleagues and decision-makers on the appropriate design, budget, timing and set-up of events and activities.
- Create an annual event calendar, managing individual event and activity budgets at an operational level, as approved as part of Act the annual EBF budget.
- Train and oversee junior staff members supporting event-related activities and projects.
- Manage a professional participant/contact database to enable communication and promotion in relation to events and activities. Plan, manage and execute event marketing (aligned with the overall EBF communication strategy and in cooperation with communications colleagues).
- Analyse and present outcomes of events, implementing key learnings across future EBF activities.
You have a proven track record in the organizing and supporting high-level international conferences and events, in-person, online and hybrid. You have at least three to five years of experience in event management and are keen to put your full energy and enthusiasm to work for a dynamic organization such as the EBF.
This is an ideal position for an individual who enjoys organising international activities in the EU arena and who is at ease in the environment in which the EBF is active.
This role is ideally suited to a representative personality who can operate with a high degree of autonomy, precision and flexibility within the EBF communications team.
You have excellent organisation, planning, scheduling and prioritisation skills. You know how to engage with delegates and participants before, during and after events. You are tech-savvy, comfortable with online booking platforms such as Eventbrite. You are also keen to embrace change, innovations and tools like Mentimeter in order to create events with a lasting impact, that are memorable and valuable for both participants and speakers.
Successful candidates fit for the following profile:
- Representative, confident, enthusiastic
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent communication skills (spoken/written)
- Initiative taking, self-starter
- Team player who likes to work with autonomy
- Flexible, agile, embraces innovation and change
- Stress-resistant, comfortable with working under pressure and with deadlines
- Positive attitude
- Can-do mentality
As soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 5 June 2023
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 30 June 2023, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.