WATCH THE FULL EVENT
Central banks around the world are investigating Central Bank Digital Currencies as a response to the emergence of private stablecoin projects and to meet the needs of an increasingly digitalized economy. In Europe, the ECB is expected to announce soon the continuation of its investigation into a digital euro following a public consultation phase.
For the debate to go forward, it is important to explore in more detail what a digital euro could look like, what could be its features and how it could be best designed to benefit European businesses and citizens. The digital euro project also raises important questions on the role of the banking sector, including the broader role banks would play in a digital euro ecosystem and how they would participate in the design phase.
This EBF Digital Thursday Close-up aims to discuss all these challenges, including what to expect from the next phase of this important new development.
OFFICIAL START AND WELCOMING REMARKS
Ana Botín, President, EBF and Group Executive Chairman, Banco Santander
- Fabio Panetta, Member of the Executive Board, European Central Bank
- Wim Mijs, CEO, EBF
- Marcel Haag, Director Horizontal Policies, European Commission – DG FISMA
- Morten Bech, Centre Head – Switzerland, BIS Innovation Hub
- Pablo Urbiola Ortun, Head of Digital Regulation and Trends, BBVA
- Rita Camporeale, Head of Payment Systems Division, Italian Banking Association
- Ulrik Nødgaard, Chair, EBF ExCo Digital Strategy Group & CEO, Finance Denmark
- Alexandra Maniati, Director, Innovation & Cybersecurity, EBF
Member of the Executive Board
European Central Bank
Group Executive Chairman, Banco Santander
Chief Executive Officer
Chair, EBF ExCo Digital Strategy Group
CEO, Finance Denmark
Director Horizontal Policies
European Commission – DG FISMA
MORTEN LINNEMANN BECH
Centre Head – Switzerland
BIS Innovation Hub
Head of Digital Regulation and Trends
Head of Payment Systems Division
Italian Banking Association
Director of Innovation & Cybersecurity
DID YOU MISS 2020 EBF INNOVATION & CYBER THURSDAYS EVENTS?
No worries, all recordings are available bellow!
About the organiser: European Banking Federation
The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together national banking associations from across Europe, including all member states of the European Union. The EBF is committed to a thriving European economy that is underpinned by a stable, secure and inclusive financial ecosystem, and to a flourishing society where financing is available to fund the dreams of citizens, businesses and innovators everywhere.
European Banking Federation
The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together national banking associations from across Europe. The federation is committed to a thriving European economy that is underpinned by a stable, secure and inclusive financial ecosystem, and to a flourishing society where financing is available to fund the dreams of citizens, businesses and innovators everywhere.
56 Avenue des Arts
+32 2 508 37 11
D-60311 Frankfurt am Main
+49 69 17509942
- Katalin Dobránszky-Bartus, ECSA Senior Director of Innovation, Finance and Fiscal Affairs, on the shipping sector’s transition to Net-Zero
- Lucia Alessi, Team Leader for Financial research at the European Commission Joint Research Centre, on bringing together science and sustainable finance
- 2469 money mules arrested in worldwide crackdown against money laundering