DATE & LOCATION
12 February 2020
09:00 – 11:30
Registration opens at 08:30
EBF Meeting Centre
Avenue Des Arts 56, 1000 Bruxelles
Finance alone, is not a silver bullet solution. But without finance, we cannot reach the objectives of Paris Agreement. The success will depend on collaboration and innovative thinking.
At the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Madrid (COP 25) the EBF presented its recommendations on how banks’ support of the transition to a sustainable economy and a carbon neutral future can be further incentivized. The recommendations are part of a new EBF report titled ‘Encouraging and Rewarding Sustainability‘ that identifies how public-private cooperation can be leveraged to accelerate sustainable finance.
To further stimulate and contribute to the debate, we will be hosting an event in Brussels, to discuss with European institutions, regulators, banks and academics how to scale up sustainable activities, mobilize and redirect private financial flows to support such activities, develop new instruments and increase the number of eligible projects and help capital markets developments.
08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 09:10 Opening remarks
- Wim Mijs, Chief Executive Officer, EBF
09:10 – 09:30 Accelerating sustainable finance in the banking sector
- Christian Ossig, Chair of the Executive Committee of the EBF
09:30 – 10:25 Panel discussion: A European Green Deal: what’s next for sustainable finance
- Sebastijan Hrovatin, Deputy Head of Unit Sustainable Finance , Bank Regulation and Supervision, European Commission
- Daniel Farchy, Equity Investment Officer, European Investment Bank
- Judith M. Post, Programme Manager Climate Investments, Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
- Antoni Ballabriga, Global Head of Responsible Business, BBVA, chair of the EBF Sustainable Finance WG
- Christian Ossig, Chair of the EBF Executive Committee
10:25 – 11:20 Panel discussion: Regulatory treatment of sustainable funding
- Slavka Eley, Head of Banking Markets, Innovation and Products , European Banking Authority
- Raul Rosales, Research Fellow at Centre for Climate Finance & Investment at Imperial College Business School and Visiting Lecturer
- Claudia Pasquini, Head Risks, Controls and Sustainability Department, Italian Banking Association
- Alexander Privitera, Senior Adviser, Commerzbank
- Charles Morel, CEO & Partner, MLAdvisory
11:20 – 11:30 Closing remarks
This workshop is organized with the cooperation of
Stanhope Hotel Brussels by Thon Hotels
Rue du Commerce 9
EBF negotiated preferential rates for event participants. Rooms will be served based on the first comes, first serves basis.
In order to benefit from the discount please follow booking link HERE!
European Banking Federation
The European Banking Federation is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together national banking associations from across Europe. The federation is committed to a thriving European economy that is underpinned by a stable, secure and inclusive financial ecosystem, and to a flourishing society where financing is available to fund the dreams of citizens, businesses and innovators everywhere.
56 Avenue des Arts
+32 2 508 37 11
D-60311 Frankfurt am Main
+49 69 17509942
- Katalin Dobránszky-Bartus, ECSA Senior Director of Innovation, Finance and Fiscal Affairs, on the shipping sector’s transition to Net-Zero
- Lucia Alessi, Team Leader for Financial research at the European Commission Joint Research Centre, on bringing together science and sustainable finance
- 2469 money mules arrested in worldwide crackdown against money laundering