Vacancy: Director of Operations
EBF (the European Banking Federation) works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are determined by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and financial regulation. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international.
We create a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a team, we tend to aim higher and work, deliver and learn together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a full/part-time (80-100%) Director of Operations.
The role of the Director of Operations is to determine the strategic direction of and oversee the operational coherence between all operational functions, including Finance, Human Resources, ICT, Facilities, Meetings/Front Office, Security as well as the legal, contractual, and planning aspects of managing the Federation. In essence, the role ensures the smooth running of all internal processes and operational functions within EBF. The Director of Operations is a ‘spider in the web’ who knows what needs to be in place within the EBF organization to be able to perform and deliver on its strategic priorities, and offer a safe, compliant, effective, and pleasant work environment.
The role requires a combination of head and hands, which means (s)he will need to draft and ensure decision making of plans and documents but also act practically to make things happen. For Finance, Human Resources, Facilities and Security, (s)he can rely on the related Senior Officers. In the field of organizational development, management development, ICT and legal/contractual matters, (s)he will be primary responsible. (S)he reports to the Chief Operating Officer and acts as his deputy in case of absence.
- Planning, budgeting, and reporting cycle;
- Organizational and management development and staff engagement;
- Coherent annual planning for advocacy, events and activities based on EBF strategy;
- ICT daily support liaising with ICT external provider, architecture, innovation and operational resilience/continuity;
- Operational excellence, constant improvements and compliance in the field of facilities, (Cyber)security and the physical set-up of work environment;
- Contract, legal administration and EBF archives;
- Ensuring other streams of income through knowledge partnerships and sponsoring.
Successful candidates fit for the following profile:
- University degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Law or comparable;
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience in working with senior executives in a politically sensitive context;
- Experience with leading complex projects, organizational development and change processes;
- Knowledge and understanding of the main issues relevant for the European banking sector;
- Experience in an international association or federation is an asset;
- Knowledge of financial, legal and human resources matters;
- Advanced computer skills: up-to-date user knowledge of ICT solutions, systems and applications (office applications, SharePoint).
- Effective communication and team working skills: ability to maintain team spirit and team productivity in times of stress and tension;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent influencing skills, persuasiveness and sense of diplomacy;
- Ability to actively manage the balance between the daily operation and the necessary innovations in the entire organization based on ambition and feasibility;
- Strategic perspective on the role, priorities and development of the organization: strategic and analytical thinking skills in a project-driven environment and ability to adapt the organizational strategy to changing circumstances and priorities;
- Openness to assume responsibilities on a variety of matters;
- Excellent command of English (oral and written);
The ideal candidate will show considerable commitment to his/her work, enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude towards the various tasks for which he/she will be responsible.
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae with a letter of motivation to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 30 April 2022
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 31 May 2022, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.