Trainee on Taxation and Compliance – Vacancy
EBF. Work Where It All Happens.
The European Banking Federation works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are guided by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and the digital revolution. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international. We act as a platform for representation and constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other stakeholders, shaping the banking sector of tomorrow.
We are recruiting a full-time trainee on taxation & compliance (also anti-money laundering and digital identification).
In this role you will find yourself working in an ambitious team active in a sector critical for companies and households in Europe.
At EBF, we take trainees seriously. That means you will be a full-fledged member of the EBF team and work with the Senior Policy Adviser, tax & compliance.
In your daily work, you will:
- Research on specific issues/questions related to taxation, anti-money laundering and other relevant policies;
- Provide support regarding preparation of internal and external meetings or events (slides, briefing materials, data gathering, etc.), agenda coordination and outreach to EU and international institutions, EBF members and other stakeholders;
- Support the advocacy efforts of the team;
- Administrative tasks (e.g. document management, management of members’ network).
Need to have:
- A strong passion for Europe, EU Affairs and taxation and/or anti-money laundering;
- An upbeat, positive personality with the drive to get things done together;
- An academic background in economy/law/taxation;
- EU citizenship with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU;
- An excellent command of English (oral and written, native speaker level) and good writing skills;
- Very good communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- NO previous experience under an employee contract in order to meet the formal conditions of the internship program of the Belgian government.
Nice to have:
- Previous internship experience within an EU or international institution.
1st October 2022
- Paid internship: convention of professional immersion (six months);
- Relevant projects and activities at the center of Europe;
- Excellent networking opportunities;
- Great learning opportunities within a collaborative, young and international team.
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae with a letter of motivation to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 24th August 2022
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 30 September 2022, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you the best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.