Vacancy: Digital Communications Officer
EBF (the European Banking Federation) is one of the leading EU associations, working at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are determined by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and financial regulation. EBF brings together 33 national banking associations in Europe and represents some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international.
We create a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a dynamic international team, we tend to aim higher and work, deliver and learn together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
The EBF is looking for a full-time, experienced Digital Communications Officer to join the team as soon as possible.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role of the Digital Communications Officer is to ensure the innovative creation, promotion and marketing of EBF activities and to coordinate the production of specific communication products in a project-based manner.
EBF generates a large amount of expertise, knowledge and insights and this role is instrumental in showcasing these at the right time, to the right audience and in the right form – and keep track of the results to adjust and fine-tune the approach. A key element of the job is to develop and implement new, creative formats and partnerships to promote and disseminate complex information in an attractive, accessible form to the non-technical audience.
- Develop and implement communications initiatives and planning for EBF events, activities, and campaigns through existing digital channels and/or in cooperation with external partners;
- Develop and implement external promotional and distribution partnerships with relevant banking, commercial and media organizations as well as NGOs;
- Manage the website, document repository, internal and external newsletters, and social media planning;
- Identify and produce specific communication products as part of EBF corporate and policy agenda (including but not limited to promotional visuals, videos, spotlight interviews, reports, infographics, and other relevant digital products);
- Support the events officer with organization of hybrid events and other digital communication products;
- Support the policy teams and external partners in developing distribution plans and digital products to showcase the presence and impact of EBF policy objectives and activities.
- Development, planning and execution of promotion activities in relation to the EBF calendar of events and activities via EBF digital channels and social media;
- Design and lead the coordination with external providers in the production of EBF communications and PR materials;
- Social media management and monitoring, while proactively ensuring that relevant content produced by EBF colleagues is given visibility on the main social media channels;
- Manage specific projects and activities within the framework of EBF knowledge partnerships;
- Drafting key messages and creation of original promotional materials in cooperation with communications and policy colleagues;
- Production and distribution of ad hoc printed and digital communication materials;
- Lead on production and dissemination of graphic design and video editing via Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Pro, Canva; solid knowledge of additional software is considered a plus;
- Manage the design of reports and other relevant EBF publications, both in close liaison with the EBF colleagues and external parties and digital service providers;
- Support the events officer in preparing and hosting EBF webinars and digital workshops/activities, when needed by the team;
- Support the senior communications colleagues in the field of media relations;
- Ensure the EBF website is up to date with the latest content produced by the policy colleagues, as well as relevant events and partnership deliverables;
- Lead the publication of the EBF signature daily and weekly newsletters (via MailChimp) as well as other key mailing campaigns;
- Support the team on ad-hoc initiatives, projects and tasks when needed.
You have at least three years of experience and are keen to put your full energy and enthusiasm to work for a dynamic organization such as the EBF.
This is an ideal position for an individual who enjoys organising international activities in the EU arena and who is at ease in the environment in which the EBF is active.
This role is ideally suited to a representative personality who can operate with a high degree of autonomy, precision and flexibility within the EBF communications team.
Successful candidates fit for the following profile:
- Representative, confident, enthusiastic
- Excellent command English
- Excellent communication skills (spoken/written)
- Initiative taking, self-starter
- Team player who likes to work with autonomy
- Proactive, flexible, agile, embraces innovation and change
- Thrives working under pressure and with challenging deadlines
- Excellent organisation, planning, scheduling and prioritisation skills
- Positive attitude and “can-do” mentality
As soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 31 January 2024
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 29 February 2024, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.