Trainee on Digital Innovation
EBF. Work Where It All Happens.
The European Banking Federation works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are guided by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and the digital revolution. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international. We act as a platform for representation and constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other stakeholders, shaping the banking sector of tomorrow.
We are recruiting a full-time trainee on digital innovation to support the work of the Innovation & Cybersecurity team.
In this role you will find yourself working in an ambitious team, active in a sector critical for companies and households in Europe. The team covers topics related to the digital tranformation in financial services, namely: central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), data economy and open finance, payments, bigtech, crypto-assets, cloud, AI and cybersecurity.
At the EBF, we take trainees seriously. That means you will be a full-fledged member of the team as we navigate EU and international financial regulations, delivering effective engagement with EU policy-makers and intelligence on key policy areas affecting one of the EU’s biggest industries. With your finger on the pulse of EU and digital developments, an enthusiasm for hard work and an ambition to build your experience in banking services, this could be the role for you.
In your daily work, you will be:
- Monitoring policy and regulatory developments on digital innovation and cybersecurity and report to the relevant policy advisers and EBF Members;
- Assisting the team in drafting responses to the Commission’s and other EU institutions’ consultations.
- Searching for key information, analysing relevant documents and conducting research on specific issues;
- Organising meetings with bank representatives and policy-makers, preparing agendas and ensuring follow-up;
- Helping organise events and attending conferences and public hearings when necessary;
- Preparing and communicating high-quality and concisely articulated materials for internal and external audiences, including policy briefings;
- Maintaining constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
Need to have:
- A strong passion for Europe and EU Affairs;
- An academic background in law, political science or any other relevant field of studies, and an interest in developing experience in the banking sector (knowledge related to any of the areas covered by the team will be considered an asset);
- A positive personality, who enjoys working in a result-oriented team;
- Strong skills in analysis, synthesis and organisation, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent command of English (oral and written, native speaker level);
- EU citizenship (with the necessary permit to work throughout the EU);
- NO previous experience under an employee contract in order to meet the formal conditions of the internship program of the Belgian government.
Nice to have:
- Previous internship experience within an EU or international institution.
16 August 2022
- Paid internship: convention of professional immersion (six months);
- You will be contributing in representing the EBF and the wider industry on a broad range of issues that are crucial to our member banks and the EU economy as a whole;
- Excellent networking opportunities;
- Great learning opportunities within a collaborative, dynamic and international team.
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae with a letter of motivation to EBF Recruitment at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 June 2022
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 31 July 2022, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you the best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.