Financing Sustainable Growth Trainee – Vacancy
EBF. Work Where It All Happens.
The European Banking Federation works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are guided by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and the digital revolution. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international. We act as a platform for representation and constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other stakeholders, shaping the banking sector of tomorrow.
We are recruiting a full-time trainee to support the work of the Financing Sustainable Growth unit, which is dedicated to improving the conditions for banks’ financing of the economy through corporate lending, export credit, financial markets and sustainable finance. The primary responsibility will be to support the Financial Markets Team within the unit, which is responsible for the oversight and coordination of all policies and activities related to supporting the creation of an integrated and deepened Capital Markets Union. The secondary role will be to help the Corporate Finance (especially SME finance) and Sustainable Finance files.
In this role you will find yourself working in an ambitious team active in a sector critical for companies and households in Europe.
At EBF, we take trainees seriously. That means you will be a full-fledged member of the EBF team as we navigate EU and international financial regulations, delivering effective engagement with EU policy makers and intelligence on key policy areas affecting one of the EU’s biggest industries. With your finger on the pulse of EU and digital developments, an enthusiasm for hard work and an ambition to build your experience in banking services, this could be the role for you. We also do our best to make the internship experience worthwhile and inclusive.
Your daily work will consist of a combination of:
- Research and coordination on specific issues/questions related to Primary/Secondary Markets, Post-trading, Alternative financing methods);
- Assisting with other workstreams such as SME finance, Export finance, EU Sustainable Finance regulation (EU Taxonomy, Disclosures, SFDR, Green Bonds, ESG Risks, etc);
- Engagement in key projects advancing the development and integration of financial markets at European level;
- Providing support regarding preparation of internal and external meetings or events (slides, briefing materials, data gathering, etc.), agenda coordination and outreach to EU and international institutions, EBF members and other stakeholders;
- Proactive member engagement with European banks, managing position-making, coordinating advocacy positions;
- Supporting the advocacy efforts of the team in specific files of interest – outreach to MEPs, PermReps, EC, EBA & other relevant stakeholders;
- Administrative tasks (e.g. document management, management of members’ network);
- Monitoring of press/websites of EU institutions and financial publications.
Need to have:
- A strong passion for Europe and EU Affairs;
- A constructive, positive personality with the drive to get things done together;
- An academic background in finance/economy/law/political science/international relations or other relevant field of studies with an interest in developing experience in the banking sector,
- EU citizenship (with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU);
- NO previous experience under an employee contract in order to meet the formal conditions of the internship program of the Belgian government;
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- An excellent command of English (oral and written).
Nice to have:
- Previous internship experience within an EU or international institution.
- Knowledge related to financial markets.
1st September 2022
- Paid internship: convention of professional immersion (six months);
- You will be working at the heart of the organisation’s advocacy, helping to represent the EBF and wider industry on a broad range of issues that are crucial to our member banks and the wider EU economy;
- Excellent networking opportunities;
- Great learning opportunities within a collaborative, dynamic and international team.
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae with a letter of motivation to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 24th June 2022
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 31 July 2022, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you the best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.