The European Banking Federation (EBF) is the voice of the European banking sector, uniting 32 national banking associations in Europe that together represent some 4,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international – employing about 2.1 million people. The culture of the EBF can be defined as agile, flexible, open, transparent, working together with integrity and clarity.
Purpose of the Position
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a full-time trainee for its social affairs portfolio.
- Monitoring EU and international regulatory/policy-making developments (regulations, debates, consultations, events) and related (legislative) timelines on issues pertaining to:
1) employment in the banking sector;
2) the effects of digital transformation on employment in the banking sector.
- Research and elaboration of (draft) analyses and/or executive summaries of regulations, reports, positions or other publications of EU institutions, with a view to preparing/ contributing to prepare documented positions, proposals, presentations of related specific issues, strategy papers;
- Contribution in EBF advocacy at the EU level;
- Contribution to relevant consultations and monitoring of related EU policies/priorities;
- Support in ad hoc projects in the context of the Sectoral Social Dialogue in Banking;
- Support in engagement with relevant stakeholders and sectoral organizations;
- On-going support of the secretariat of the relevant Committees and Working Groups, such as keeping minutes, disseminating information to EBF members, organizing events;
- Participation to conferences, events, etc.
The successful candidate shall:
- hold a university degree in law or political sciences; knowledge of EU affairs will be highly appreciated; knowledge of Labour Law, Employment Relations and Social Policy can be an asset;
- previous internship experience within an EU or international institution would be an asset;
- must be an EU citizen (with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU);
- have an excellent command of English;
- have the ability to conduct sound research and create briefings that capture the points of interest, also arising from interdisciplinary topics;
- have very good communication and teamworking skills;
- have very good writing skills;
- show considerable commitment to his/her work, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards the various projects for which he/she will be responsible;
- demonstrate a “can do” and pro-active attitude in identifying potential issues of interest;
- be highly motivated and flexible.
15 April 2019
Paid internship: convention of professional immersion (six months)
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to EBF Recruitment at email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28 February 2019
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 28 March 2019, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.