Vacancy: Trainee – Communications & Events
Are you looking for an internship that will help you grow into the world of communications and events?
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together national banking associations from across Europe. The federation is committed to a thriving European economy that is underpinned by a stable, secure and inclusive financial ecosystem, and to a flourishing society where financing is available to fund the dreams of citizens, businesses and innovators everywhere.
We create a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a team, we learn, work and deliver together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
We are recruiting a full-time trainee to join the dynamic Communications & Events team. The succesfull candidate should have a genuine interest in EU affairs and a creative and innovative approach to communications. Moreover, the colleague will bring enthusiasm in the support to the organisation of in-person and hybrid events.
We are looking for an agile and proactive individual to become a fully-fledged member of the EBF Communications team. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our team and handle the following tasks on a day to day basis:
- Contribute to the implementation of EBF events and communications strategy;
- Support in organisation and coordination of events and meeting logistics, including follow-up with attendees, partners and sponsors;
- Create content for different social media platforms, briefings, meeting minutes, website, sharepoint;
- Support with planning, reviewing and testing social media and website content;
- Contribute to press and media research, monitoring and reporting;
- Co-draft the main newsletters of the association;
Need to have:
- A strong passion for EU Affairs and Communications;
- A proactive, positive personality with the drive to get things done together;
- An academic background in communications, politics, business,marketing,or events;
- EU citizenship with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU;
- No previous employee experience in order to meet the internship conditions;
- An excellent command of English (oral and written, native speaker level) and solid writing skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy;
- Excellent organisational skills with affinity and/or experience with event organising.
Nice to have:
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, photo design (Photoshop, Canva) and video editing
- Previous internship experience within an EU/international institution/EU association
4 March 2024
- Paid internship: convention of professional immersion (six months);
- Relevant projects and inspiring activities at the center of Europe;
- Excellent networking opportunities;
- Great learning opportunities within a collaborative, young and international team.
At EBF, we aim to give you a well-rounded experience that includes social events, networking, team building and mentorship. We also offer on-the-job training as well as opportunities to learn about the banking industry in a dynamic and international environment.
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae with a letter of motivation to EBF Recruitment at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 9 February 2024
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 1 March 2024, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you the best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.